Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Arthur Adams - Sampler VI Cover

 


(click for larger image). I love, love, love Arthur Adams!  He's been one of my favorite artists since he first began working in comics in the mid-80's.  My comic book reading has always been dictated by the artists rather than the writers, so I have read everything Arthur has ever drawn.  He has a wonderful, cartoony style that is unlike anyone else, and he can draw anything and make it look good.  Two things he excels at, among the many, are his depictions of monsters and women.  I've been collecting female pin-ups by him and when this piece became available I jumped on it.  This piece is a nod to Snow White and features a beautiful damsel in distress, as well as the monster-like dwarves that are helping the evil witch find her.  Arthur puts so much texture and detail into these pieces - they are similar to fine engravings.  I just love everything about this piece; it's sexy, scary, and superbly inked.  Another Adams masterpiece!

No comments: